Abydos and Dendera are two of Egypt’s most impressive temple complexes, but visiting on a group tour can mean less time to explore. This private full-day tour from Luxor is tailored to your preferences, so you can marvel at the Temple of Hathor, spend as long as you like touring the Old Kingdom of Abydos, and learn more about ancient Egypt from your private Egyptologist guide. Hotel pickup and drop-off is included.
- Full-day tour of Abydos and Dendera from Luxor
- Explore the Dendera temple complex, including the Temple of Hathor and the Zodiac
- Discover the ancient cult center of the god Osiris at Abydos
- Great-value tour includes hotel pickup, entrance fees, and round-trip transport
- This private tour can be customized to your interests and ensures you’ll receive personalized attention from your guid
Your tour begins with pickup from your Luxor hotel in time for an 8am departure. Traveling in the comfort of a private vehicle, set out on the around 1.5-hour journey to Dendera.
On arrival, follow your guide around the magnificent temple complex, taking in highlights such as the Temple of Hathor, the two birth houses, the Coptic Basilica, the sanitarium, and the sacred lake. With your expert guide on-hand to explain the historic importance of each site and answer any questions, you’ll gain an insight into Dendera’s importance throughout the Greek, Ptolemy and Roman periods.
After lunch (own expense), continue to Abydos to discover the ancient center of the Cult of Osiris — the ‘God of the Dead’. Uncover the myths and legends of the Old Kingdom as you make your way around the Temple of Seti I, the Osireion, and the Gallery of Kings.
- Entrance fees
- Professional art historian guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified